Umoja’s three core platforms function together in a complementary way. We apply VivoVec and a RACR/CAR payload architecture to stimulate the body to grow a population of tumor fighting T cells, and then deploy TumorTags to directly and controllably attack a tumor [while minimizing adverse effects].
In Vivo Gene Delivery
- Acts in vivo through the body’s natural immune organ, the lymphatic system, to generate a population of cancer fighting cells (or CAR T cells) – which are genetically retooled with our RACR/CAR systems to allow your physician to control their function.
- Eliminates the complexity, delay, and expense required for external manufacturing of cellular therapies.
In Vivo Cell Programming
- CAR T cells generated by the body as a result of VivoVec administration are fully controllable – their activity can be rapidly accelerated or braked by Umoja’s RACR/CAR payload architecture.
- RACR/CAR technology can be used to enhance ex vivo manufacturing while also providing the preferential in vivo expansion signal, thus circumventing the requirement for a pre-conditioning step for the patient.
- Control and avoiding adverse effects are intrinsic engineering principles – your doctor directs the activity of your therapeutic cells.
Universal CAR Tumor Targeting
- Binds to cancer cells and “tags” them as targets for CAR T cells, resulting in a precise and highly potent attack on the cancer.
- Enables combinatorial targeting of both tumor cells and stromal elements that tumors use to hide from the body’s native anti-tumor defenses.
- TumorTag may represent one step on a path to a universal process for cancer therapy.
- Technology can be leveraged to use a universal CAR with ex vivo (autologous or allogeneic) manufactured cells to increase targeting flexibility.