Careers + Culture
Umoja comes from the Swahili word for unity — bringing separate components together to build a powerful whole. The most important components that we are bringing together are the people who make up our company and commit their time, effort, and passion toward bringing our therapies to patients.
Our Core Values
Culture + Commitment
Our culture is grounded in the understanding that our team is our greatest asset. We are committed to building a diverse team of people who bring an array of unique skills, backgrounds, and experiences. We respect and value the contributions of every member of our staff, no matter their title. Recognizing and leveraging our collective strengths, communicating with efficiency and care, and holding each other accountable are essential parts of our mission to extend the benefits of immunotherapy to every patient in need.
“At Umoja, we are driven by our passion to make a meaningful impact in the lives of people with cancer. Our collaborative approach and shared obsession with finding the very best solutions motivates us to confront challenges with confidence and optimism while enabling us to accomplish far more than we could as individuals.”
– Andy Scharenberg, M.D.
Umoja Biopharma is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their eligible dependents. Our employees are our most important asset, and our benefits are designed to help them thrive personally and professionally.
Our 2022 Employee Benefits package includes:
- Three medical plan options through Premera Blue Cross
- Comprehensive dental coverage through Delta Dental, including orthodontia for adults and children
- Vision exam and hardware benefits through VSP
- Employer-provided Life and Disability Insurance
- Pretax Health Savings Account with substantial Umoja contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- Subsidized commuter costs and free parking
- Employee Assistance Program through Canopy
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Training & Professional Development programs
- Additional benefits and perks
Key Benefit Offers:
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with no premium cost to employees and low out-of-pocket costs
401(k) Retirement Plan through Fidelity with 100% match up to the first 6% employee deferral
Free parking at all Umoja Biopharma office sites
Competitive Paid Time Off policy, including summer hours and end-of-year office closure
Employee Tuition Assistance Program